Bison With Head Turned Prehistoric Carving from La Madeleine on Plaque 11W -
Almost 20,000 years ago a Neolithic artist/hunter found a reindeer antler near La Madeleine, Dordogne, in France and fashioned it into a piece both practical and artistic. It was probably made into a spear thrower, a device that increases the distance and force of spear throwing. The end was carved to represent a great bison, lying on his side, licking the wound in his flank from the hunter's spear. The composition of the carving and attention to detail is exemplary, and the artist's intimate knowledge of the species is evident. All that remains today is the carving, an early hunter's version of creative visualization. (PN 5635)
Made from hand painted stone-filled polymer, mounted on custom wood plaque, description plate, 11 in W x 8.2 in H x 1.5 in D. Weighs 3 to 4 lbs.
Do you accept returns? What is the return policy?
Yes, we accept returns if you advise us in a timely manner, preferably within (15) days of receipt. As we understand life is busy, we will accept returns up to 30 days from receipt for refund. Returns after 30 days will be considered for store credit only. Returns after 60 days will be declined.
Shipping, handling and return shipping charges are not refundable unless we have made an error.
Items must be packed well to avoid damage during return shipping. We reserve the right to reject the return of merchandise which is not in salable condition due to use and/or inadequate packing. Exchanges are treated as new orders and new shipping charges do apply.
Other return specifications:
- Holiday Season -- For orders placed during the Holiday Season between November 15 and December 31, we extend our return policy until January 10 or 30 days from date of receipt.
- Special Orders -- Special Orders have item(s) ordered especially for you which wedo not typically sell or are made for you in a finish you selected. Special Orders are returnable with a restocking fee of 25%.
- Custom Orders -- Custom Orders have item(s) ordered with special modifications for you such as size, color, finishing, shape, detail or other custom specifications. The item has been custom tailored to your request and as such is not part of our regular product selection. Custom Orders are not returnable.
- Sale Items -- No returns on sale items, exchanges only.
READ MORE ABOUT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
US Shipping - How much is Standard shipping? Standard Shipping (transit time estimate 2 to 8 Days) is $6.99 per order for continental US. When standard shipping is selected, we will select the most economical method for your order. This could be First Class Mail, Priority Mail, Fedex Smart Post, or Fedex Ground. We will provide a tracking number for every shipment.
International Shipping - Yes, we ship to many locations outside of the USsuch as Canada, Western Europe, Australia, Japan and many others. Some countries are not covered by our insurance, so these ones are excluded. Very large items / oversized items cannot be shipped overseas because of size restriction. In the event that we are unable to ship the item to your country, we will contact you. For international shipments, we ship via "insured" Priority Mail International or Express International. We select the most economical method with the best service based on your order. We will provide a tracking number for every shipment. The shopping cart automatically calculates shipping for foreign destinations prior to submitting your payment information. Duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel your international order if we are unable to provide safe transport to your country via our standard shipping methods.
If you want a personalized email about the items you want to order, the shipping cost, and an estimated delivery date, please email us with the item part number(s) and your shipping address. We will reply personally.
When will my order be delivered?
Our objective is to ship your order within 1 business day. However, some items have longer lead times.
We have three (3) classifications of items on our website: in stock, direct ship and preorder.
- In Stock: In stock items leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
- Direct Ship: Other items such as larger statuary items and oversized or bulky replicas are "Direct Shipped" from ship direct from our distribution points and require 2 to 4 business days for processing.
- Preorder items are made to order by hand for you. Production time varies as follows: black laminate pedestals 2 weeks, table bases 3-4 weeks, statuary 4-8 weeks.
Then add (+) transit time to you:
- Continental US: 1 to 5 business days.
- International: 1 to 2 weeks.
READ MORE ABOUT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS