Egyptian Lover's hands Clasping Statue, Akhenaten and Nefertiti 4H -
In this sculpture, we see evidence of this new naturalism in Egyptian art. The two hands are the pharaoh Akhenaton's and his queen's, Nefertiti. They lovingly grasp in an expression of timeless and everlasting love.
- Egyptian reproduction is made from resin, black metal base.
- Measures: 4 in H x 3.5in W x 3 in D. Weighs 0.4 lbs.
- Part of the Parastone Mouseion 3D Collection of museum replicas. (PN EG06)
Lover's hands of Akhenaton and Nefertiti
Egypt, the New Kingdom, 18th Dynasty (approx. 1350 BC)
Pharoah Amenothep IV (Tutankhamun's father) was much less interested in military affairs than his predecessors. He focused his attention on religion and the arts. He had himself called Akhenaton, which literally means: "Aton wished it", referring to the sun god, their only god. The introduction of monotheism soon encountered widespread resistance from both the priests and the people. The progressive Pharaoh did however manage to free the arts from the priests' constrictive prescripts. From then on, gods and Pharaohs could be depicted in poses and scenes from daily life. The introduction of naturalism to Egyptian art led to what is known as the Amarna style in reference to the city of Tellel-Amarna which was built on the site of the capital Akhenaton founded, Akhematen.
Do you accept returns? What is the return policy?
Yes, we accept returns if you advise us in a timely manner, preferably within (15) days of receipt. As we understand life is busy, we will accept returns up to 30 days from receipt for refund. Returns after 30 days will be considered for store credit only. Returns after 60 days will be declined.
Shipping, handling and return shipping charges are not refundable unless we have made an error.
Items must be packed well to avoid damage during return shipping. We reserve the right to reject the return of merchandise which is not in salable condition due to use and/or inadequate packing. Exchanges are treated as new orders and new shipping charges do apply.
Other return specifications:
- Holiday Season -- For orders placed during the Holiday Season between November 15 and December 31, we extend our return policy until January 10 or 30 days from date of receipt.
- Special Orders -- Special Orders have item(s) ordered especially for you which wedo not typically sell or are made for you in a finish you selected. Special Orders are returnable with a restocking fee of 25%.
- Custom Orders -- Custom Orders have item(s) ordered with special modifications for you such as size, color, finishing, shape, detail or other custom specifications. The item has been custom tailored to your request and as such is not part of our regular product selection. Custom Orders are not returnable.
- Sale Items -- No returns on sale items, exchanges only.
READ MORE ABOUT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
US Shipping - How much is Standard shipping? Standard Shipping (transit time estimate 2 to 8 Days) is $6.99 per order for continental US. When standard shipping is selected, we will select the most economical method for your order. This could be First Class Mail, Priority Mail, Fedex Smart Post, or Fedex Ground. We will provide a tracking number for every shipment.
International Shipping - Yes, we ship to many locations outside of the USsuch as Canada, Western Europe, Australia, Japan and many others. Some countries are not covered by our insurance, so these ones are excluded. Very large items / oversized items cannot be shipped overseas because of size restriction. In the event that we are unable to ship the item to your country, we will contact you. For international shipments, we ship via "insured" Priority Mail International or Express International. We select the most economical method with the best service based on your order. We will provide a tracking number for every shipment. The shopping cart automatically calculates shipping for foreign destinations prior to submitting your payment information. Duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel your international order if we are unable to provide safe transport to your country via our standard shipping methods.
If you want a personalized email about the items you want to order, the shipping cost, and an estimated delivery date, please email us with the item part number(s) and your shipping address. We will reply personally.
When will my order be delivered?
Our objective is to ship your order within 1 business day. However, some items have longer lead times.
We have three (3) classifications of items on our website: in stock, direct ship and preorder.
- In Stock: In stock items leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
- Direct Ship: Other items such as larger statuary items and oversized or bulky replicas are "Direct Shipped" from ship direct from our distribution points and require 2 to 4 business days for processing.
- Preorder items are made to order by hand for you. Production time varies as follows: black laminate pedestals 2 weeks, table bases 3-4 weeks, statuary 4-8 weeks.
Then add (+) transit time to you:
- Continental US: 1 to 5 business days.
- International: 1 to 2 weeks.
READ MORE ABOUT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS