Pocket Art Egyptian Hippo Blue Papyrus Drawings Miniature Statue 4LPN# PA25EG
Miniature museum replica of an Ancient Egyptian Hippo in Bright Blue after ceramic originals in museums from the Middle Kingdom period.
Images of hippopotami often decorated with stylized lotus leaves and water plants accompanied the dead. The hippo was viewed as a symbol of new life and fertility because the Nile constituted Egypt's main source of water. Hippos were also dangerous and were associated with Seth, the god of evil and chaos. Blue hippos made from glazed materials are in many museums around the world. This one has a bird with outstretched wings on hippo's back with lotus plants on all sides of his body.
- Statue replica is from the highly collectible Parastone Mouseion 3D Museum Collection of Pocket Art Miniature museum reproductions. PN PA25EG.
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Material : Collectible quality, resin with hand-painted color details, matte and glossy finish.
- Comes in a gift presentation box as pictured.
- Dimensions : 4 in L x 2 in H x 1.5 in W. Weight 7 oz.
We Also Recommend
Assyrian War Chariot Wall Sculpture Black Gold 8H x 13WPN#QL13833
Assyrian Lamassu Winged Bull Wall Sculpture 9H x 10WPN#QL13621
Keyring - Roman Charms Vase Coin Gladiator Metal Souvenir Keychain British MuseumPN#BM-2008
Only 1 left
Bookmark - Egyptian Queen Nefertiti 2.9LPN#BM-CMCS47590