Honore de Balzac Portrait Statue French Writer by Auguste Rodin 8.75HPN# RO05
Portrait by Rodin of Honore de Balzac (1799-1850).
In 1891 Rodin received a commission from the Societe des Gens de Lettres (Society of Men of Letters) to create a monument to Honore de Balzac (1799-1850), one of France's most influential yet controversial writers. Over seven years, Rodin made numerous sculptural studies and drawings. Upon presenting it to the committee, it was met with outrage and refused.
Friedrich Engels offers his opinion of Balzac in 1888: "...Well, Balzac was politically a legitimist; his great work is a constant elegy on the irreparable decay of good society; his sympathies are with the class that is doomed to extinction. But for all that, his satire is never keener, his irony never more bitter, than when he sets in motion the very men and women with whom he sympathizes most deeply - the nobles...
- Rodin museum statue replica in a desktop size.
- Original made from bronze here reproduced in an affordable resin with a green bronze finish. It is neither pure brown nor pure green. It looks like aged weathered bronze.
- Statue replica is from the highly collectible Parastone Mouseion Museum Replicas 3D Collection. PN RO05.
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Dimensions : 8.75 in. x 3.5 in. x 3.5 in. Weight: 1.6 lbs.
We Also Recommend
Rodin Cathedral Clasping Hands Gesture of Togetherness Statue Small 6HPN#RO26
Rodin Cathedral Clasping Hands Gesture of Togetherness Statue Large 10HPN#RO17
Only 7 left
Thinker Statue of Deep Contemplation Museum Replica by Rodin, Assorted SizesPN#RO01
Rodin The Kiss Statue 9.5H AS IS ATTIC blem no returnsPN#RO11-as-is
Only 1 left