SPQR Roman Victory Pendant Necklace Gaming Educational Ancient RomePN# 8819RED
The initials SPQR (Senatus Populusque Romanus), meaning "the Senate and people of Rome" were put on buildings, army standards and coins. It was the mark of the Roman Empire that can still be seen today on buildings in Rome.
- Pewter wreath of victory with gem (either red or blue) in the center supplied on a waxed cord for a unisex necklace.
- The information on the reverse of the card explains how wreaths were used in Roman times as well as the meaning of SPQR.
- Measures 7/8 in W x 1 in L x 1/16 thick. Cord measures 27 in L.
- Quality is suitable for a historical costume or teaching children about ancient times.
- Stone will either be red or blue
A living empire does not thrive without a great military, and the Romans were without equal in their time. The tall Roman war standard bearing the glorious eagle and the letters SPQR (Senatus Populusque Romanus) was the harbinger of destruction for any foes unlucky enough to face the Roman war machine on the field of battle.
Armed-to-the-teeth, efficient, cunning, and brutal...the Roman legions swept across the known world with terrifying force. Though thousands strong and seamlessly unified, the true power of the legion lay with courage, dedication, and skill of the individual. The unbreakable backbone of the Roman army was the soldier.
We Also Recommend
Dionysus Bacchus Greek God of Wine and Fertility Olympians Bronze Pendant Charm Unisex Necklace 1H - BronzePN#BZP-873
Viking Shield Red White Round Historical Costume Pendant NecklacePN#10062
Only 9 left
Medusa Head Snake Goddess Greek Roman Pendant Historical Costume NecklacePN#10072
Only 8 left
Cleopatra Egyptian Cartouche Hieroglyphs Pendant Necklace Historical Costume 1.25LPN#10060
Only 9 left