Adele Block Bauer Portrait Bell Shaped Grande Statue by Klimt 9.5HPN# KL29
Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer Statue by Gustav Klimt
One of the best known and most monumental portraits is that of Adele Block-Bauer, wife of captain of industry Ferdinand Bloch. It marks the brilliant peak of Klimt's golden period, and also signified its end. Klimt began making preliminary studies for the painting in 1903. It wasn't until 1907 that he painted it in his characteristic, decorative style, which he carried through to the extreme here.
- Statue is part of the frequently collected Parastone Mouseion 3D Collection. (KL29)
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Material : Collectible quality, resin with hand-painted color details, matte and glossy finish.
- Dimensions : 9.5 in H x 8.5 in W. Weight 6.1 lbs.
- Special order. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
Gustav Klimt (1862-1919) was a prominent member of an innovative group of artists called Secessionists and is considered to be one of the main pioneers of modern art. Apart from this, his ornamental Jugendstil style evokes an irresistible feeling which is inspired by the 'fin-de-siecle' of 19th century Vienna; elitist, liberal-middle class, decadent, pleasantly-decorative. His work is extremely recognizable due to his monumental style combined with Byzantine-like ornamental art and classical symbolism, created against the background of romanticism which was so characteristic of his time.
In Secessionist's own words: "Art guides us to an ideal realm, the only place where we will be able to find pure joy, pure happiness and pure love. A choir of angels from paradise. Joy given by divine sparkles. That kiss from the entire world!"
We Also Recommend
Leonidas Greek Warrior with Spear and Shield Statue 13.25HPN# 8676