Ecstasy of Saint Teresa Statue by Bernini, Bronze Finish 8.75H -
Ecstasy of St Teresa of Avila by Gianlorenzo Bernini from the Cornaro Chapel in the Church of Santa Maria dell Vittoria, 1642-52.
In this portion of the complete work for the funerary chapel of Cardinal Federigo Cornaro, an angel is in the act of plunging a golden arrow into St Teresa from which she understands her ecstatic love for God. Bernini's sculptural group is part of a larger ensemble including an illusionistic ceiling painting, a marble altar, architectural panels, portraits of the Cornaro family, and golden rays.
Ecstasy of St Teresa of Avila Statue is made from resin with an antique bronze finish, 8 3/4 in H. PN 8155.
We Also Recommend
Three Egyptian Female Musicians Holding Instruments Wall Relief 16H - E-075SP