New York Public Library Lions Bookends 7HPN# 4753
These monumental marble lions by Edward Clark Potter (American, 1857-1923) which flank the New York City Main Library's steps in mid-Manhattan were put in place in 1911 and have since acquired the nicknames of "Patience" and "Fortitude". They were carved of pink Tennessee marble, resting on bases of Milford granite. Their size is appropriate to the proportions of the neo-Renaissance building designed by Carrere and Hastings.
These reduced models were created under the supervision of the New York Public Library.
Pair of lions, made from resin, and measure 7"H x 7"L x 3.5"W / each. PN 4753. Pair weighs approximately 10 lbs total.
We Also Recommend
George Washington US President on Ship Front Crossing the Delaware Statue 9HPN# 8662