Nike Winged Greek Roman Victory of Samothrace Statue, Assorted SizesPN# 8197
The goddess of victory, Nike, is here shown landing with wings outstretched, torso slightly twisted and fluttering drapery. The theatrical movement of her form and clothing is characteristic of the Hellenistic Baroque, a popular artistic style during the second century BC. Originally she stood on the prow of a ship, itself set in a reflecting pool of water at the top of a cliff.
- Reproduced after an original statue in the Louvre Museum, Paris, France.
- Winged Nike is made from resin, grey marble finish.
- Small 8 in H x 4.5 in W x 6.5 in L. Weights approx. 1 to 1.5 lbs. PN T86950.
- Medium 12.25 in H x 9 in W x 7 in D. Weighs 4.7 lbs. PN 8197.
- Large 26 in H x 13.5 in W x 14.5 in D. Weighs 14 lbs. PN T87860.
We Also Recommend
Gift Card All Occasion | Email DeliveryPN# Gift Card All Occasion | Email Delivery-$10.0
Theodore Teddy Roosevelt US American President Portrait Bust 9HPN# T91070