Nike Winged Greek Roman Victory of Samothrace Statue, Assorted SizesPN# 8197
The goddess of victory, Nike, is here shown landing with wings outstretched, torso slightly twisted and fluttering drapery. The theatrical movement of her form and clothing is characteristic of the Hellenistic Baroque, a popular artistic style during the second century BC. Originally she stood on the prow of a ship, itself set in a reflecting pool of water at the top of a cliff.
- Reproduced after an original statue in the Louvre Museum, Paris, France.
- Winged Nike is made from resin, grey marble finish.
- Small 8 in H x 4.5 in W x 6.5 in L. Weights approx. 1 to 1.5 lbs. PN T86950.
- Medium 12.25 in H x 9 in W x 7 in D. Weighs 4.7 lbs. PN 8197.
- Large 26 in H x 13.5 in W x 14.5 in D. Weighs 14 lbs. PN T87860.
We Also Recommend
Asante Ghana Akua'ba African Fertility Statue with Large Round Head 8HPN# AFR03
Matisse Goldfish in Vase on Table Miniature Porcelain Teapot 3.5HPN# 9010
Aztec Mayan Precolumbian Ceremonial Trinket Box 5.75LPN# T110540