Nike Winged Greek Roman Victory of Samothrace Statue, Assorted Sizes -
The goddess of victory, Nike, is here shown landing with wings outstretched, torso slightly twisted and fluttering drapery. The theatrical movement of her form and clothing is characteristic of the Hellenistic Baroque, a popular artistic style during the second century BC. Originally she stood on the prow of a ship, itself set in a reflecting pool of water at the top of a cliff.
- Reproduced after an original statue in the Louvre Museum, Paris, France.
- Winged Nike is made from resin, grey marble finish.
- Small 8 in H x 4.5 in W x 6.5 in L. Weights approx. 1 to 1.5 lbs. PN T86950.
- Medium 12.25 in H x 9 in W x 7 in D. Weighs 4.7 lbs. PN 8197.
- Large 26 in H x 13.5 in W x 14.5 in D. Weighs 14 lbs. PN T87860.
We Also Recommend
Celtic Family Tree of Life with Celtic Knot Roots Wall Hanging 12.25H
Polar Bear Walking in Stride L'Ours Blanc Statue by Francois Pompon, Assorted Sizes