Poetry of America Cosmic Athletes Statue by Dali 6.5HPN# SD11
This statue reproduction of The Poetry of America - Cosmic Athletes (Poesie d' Amerique cosmiques, 1943) is adapted from an original painting by Salvador Dali of the same name from the Surrealism art movement. The original painting pays homage to America, the country where Dali lived during the Second World War. Against a background which both shows the American deserts and the Amperdan Plaines, stand a white and a black figure, dressed as American football players, facing each other in a dramatic pose. Behind this, under a warning clock, the African continent, from where the black part of the American nation originates, is dripping gloomily.
By his own account Dali wanted to make mankind think about the dangers of major conflicts in the modern world. As a hopeful counterbalance in this sculpture replica, we see the new human, symbolized by the golden man who is balancing the egg on his finger.
- Material : Collectible quality, resin with hand-painted color details, matte and glossy finish.
- Statue replica is from the highly collectible Parastone Mouseion 3D Collection. PN SD11.
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Measures: 6.5 in H x 4.5 in W x 3.5 in D. Weighs 1 lb.
- Authorized by the Dali Foundation.
We Also Recommend
Protection Mother Figurine from Geopolitical Child Birth of New Human by Salvador Dali 4HPN#SD010-woman
Only 7 left
Book - Salvador Dali Complete Works Taschen Hardback attic no returnsPN#ATC-5021
Only 1 left
Magritte Healer (le Therapeute) Man with Birdcage Body Seated on Rock Surrealism Statue 7.75HPN#MAG07
Only 8 left
Small Prints Bosch Klimt Modigliani Toulouse-Lautrec set of seven 8L AS IS ATTIC no returnsPN#ATC-133
Only 8 left