Poetry of America Cosmic Athletes Statue by Dali 6.5HPN# SD11
This statue reproduction of The Poetry of America - Cosmic Athletes (Poesie d' Amerique cosmiques, 1943) is adapted from an original painting by Salvador Dali of the same name from the Surrealism art movement. The original painting pays homage to America, the country where Dali lived during the Second World War. Against a background which both shows the American deserts and the Amperdan Plaines, stand a white and a black figure, dressed as American football players, facing each other in a dramatic pose. Behind this, under a warning clock, the African continent, from where the black part of the American nation originates, is dripping gloomily.
By his own account Dali wanted to make mankind think about the dangers of major conflicts in the modern world. As a hopeful counterbalance in this sculpture replica, we see the new human, symbolized by the golden man who is balancing the egg on his finger.
- Material : Collectible quality, resin with hand-painted color details, matte and glossy finish.
- Statue replica is from the highly collectible Parastone Mouseion 3D Collection. PN SD11.
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Measures: 6.5 in H x 4.5 in W x 3.5 in D. Weighs 1 lb.
- Authorized by the Dali Foundation.
We Also Recommend
Small Prints Bosch Klimt Modigliani Toulouse-Lautrec set of seven 8L AS IS ATTIC no returnsPN#ATC-133
Only 9 left
Magritte Female Nude Three Tiers Surrealism Megalomania La Folie des Grandeurs Statue 7HPN#MAG06
Only 3 left
Resin Figurine - Magritte Boot Feet Red Model Surrealism Statue 3 in L x 2 in WPN#MAG02
Only 9 left
Man Portrait Made of Fruits and Vegetables Vertumnus God of Seasons by Arcimboldo 4.5HPN#AR01
Only 2 left