Poetry of America Cosmic Athletes Statue by Dali 6.5HPN# SD11
This statue reproduction of The Poetry of America - Cosmic Athletes (Poesie d' Amerique cosmiques, 1943) is adapted from an original painting by Salvador Dali of the same name from the Surrealism art movement. The original painting pays homage to America, the country where Dali lived during the Second World War. Against a background which both shows the American deserts and the Amperdan Plaines, stand a white and a black figure, dressed as American football players, facing each other in a dramatic pose. Behind this, under a warning clock, the African continent, from where the black part of the American nation originates, is dripping gloomily.
By his own account Dali wanted to make mankind think about the dangers of major conflicts in the modern world. As a hopeful counterbalance in this sculpture replica, we see the new human, symbolized by the golden man who is balancing the egg on his finger.
- Material : Collectible quality, resin with hand-painted color details, matte and glossy finish.
- Statue replica is from the highly collectible Parastone Mouseion 3D Collection. PN SD11.
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Measures: 6.5 in H x 4.5 in W x 3.5 in D. Weighs 1 lb.
- Authorized by the Dali Foundation.
We Also Recommend
Dali Portrait with Bacon statue 4.5H AS IS ATTIC no returnsPN#SD01-as-is
Only 3 left
Magritte Boot Feet with Shoelaces Red Model Surrealism Small Figurine Statue 3LPN#MAG02
Man Portrait Made of Fruits and Vegetables Vertumnus God of Seasons by Arcimboldo 4.5HPN#AR01
Magritte Surrealism Paintings Bar Drink Glass Coasters Set of 4PN#CS11MAG