Praying Hands of an Apostle by Durer Statue for Christian Devotion 6.25HPN# DUR01
Devotional hands in prayer statue adapted from Durer's Northern Renaissance drawing.
In 1507, Durer was commissioned by the wealthy merchant, Jacob Heller, to paint a triptych for the altar of the Dominican church in Frankfurt, based on the theme of the ascension of Mary. The 'Heller altar' was soon so famous that Elector Maximilian of Bavaria had the central panel added to his own art collection. The panel was lost in a fire in 1729, but well over twenty preliminary sketches have been preserved. Of these, the 'praying hands of an apostle' is the most famous. The statue of Durer's Praying Hands is adapted from his sketch.
- Statue replica is from the highly collectible Parastone Mouseion 3D Collection. PN DUR01.
- Included : Full color card with image of original artwork. Description card about artist and artwork. Both cards are in four languages.
- Material : Collectible quality, resin with hand-painted color details.
- Color: Grey with nuances of light and dark to replicate the tones in the original drawing by Durer.
- Dimensions : 6 in. x 5.5 in. x 2.75 in. Weighs 1.4 lbs.
We Also Recommend
St. Michael The Archangel Slaying the Devil Statue 9HPN#T78510
Jesus Carrying the Cross on Way to Calvary Statue Bronze Finish 12HPN#10038
Archangel Michael Picture Greek Russian Orthodox Devotional Icon 8.75HPN#I-470
Only 1 left
Sweet Kisses Mary Jesus and Angels Devotional Icon 2.75HPN#I-085
Only 1 left